This page is to present the bio's and photo's of the 2018 candidates for the Secretary-Treasurer of the Georgia Sporting Clays Association, one Club Representative and one At Large Representative. You will find a link at the bottom of the page that will take you to the ballot. You must be a current Georgia NSCA member to vote!
For Secretary-Treasurer of GSCA
Bio of John Black
For Club Representative
Bio of Zac Guerrettaz
Bio not available, will post if I receive one.
For At Large Representative
Bio of Richard (Rick) Holder
* Life member of NSCA 501815
* Served as president of South River G/C from 1982 -1986. Brought Dan Mitchell to Georgia to be clubs manager & instructor.
* shot registered skeet & trap from continually from 1980 to 1992
* began registered sporting clay shooting in 2012
* Currently a member of Garland Mtn. G/C. Formally a member of BRO G/C & Meadows G/C.
* competed in the World Skeet shoot in Savannah and in San Antonio. Competed in all Georgia State S/Cís shoots since 2013.
* Competed in the 2017 US Open, several Seminole Cups, Gator Cups, Gamaliel Cups from 2013 to present
* 2017 registered targets shot, (NSCA), over 6000. Lifetime NSCA targets shot over 25,000
* Georgia resident since 1966 with only gap being eight years in Alabama and three years touring/living in Europe. Regards, Rick Holder
For At Large Representative
Bio of Jeremy Summerell
to servant leadership, it is with genuine enthusiasm that I express my
interest in joining the ranks of GSCA Officers in the role of At-Large
As a 10+ year member of the Forest City Gun Club located in Savannah, GA, Iíve developed a healthy passion for shotgun sports, safety, junior involvement and of course, competition. I believe without hesitation that the GSCA and its officers, member clubs and individual members have done a fine job stewarding our state association and responsibly growing the sport that we all love. As I constantly look for ways to become more involved with the things that are important to me, I feel as though joining the GSCA as an At-Large Rep. is a natural progression.
I attempted my first ďregisteredĒ target close to home at the Seminole Cup in 2015. What happened thereafter consumed me and culminated with arriving in Master Class 2,954 targets later at the 2017 Southeast Regional hosted by The Fork in NC. The time in between and even since has been spent travelling to the US Open at Big Red Oak, the National Championship in San Antonio and countless other local, state and regional level events as well. The things that I have learned from these competitions have made be a better shooter, but has also given me the tools and knowledge needed to plan/coordinate shoots like Forest City hosted in 2016 with the GSCA State Championships and also in 2018 with the GSCA State and Southeast Regional Championships.
In closing, I am confident that I can be an asset to the GSCA, its officers, member clubs and member shooters and I appreciate you considering my intentions. Should you need any other information from me, please do not hesitate to ask.
Time to Vote